27.11.08

365 Challenge- Post 13 of 365- Horses and Skulls

It actually rained here today for perhaps a good hour or two at a steady pace and it was cloudy for the rest of the day. I cherish these days when it rains because I miss it so much it tends to get so dry and dusty. I grew up in Florida and I miss the smell of the salt air as well as water, water everywhere.

So while the kids and the hub played video games, cooked and watched movies and some cleaning I took the time to make some things I had planned!

First up is Butterick Pattern 4970 similar to what I made G1 yesterday but longer and with the sash-almost like a long tunic/dress . It was really easy to do EXCEPT the way they wanted you to sew the collar on even with ironing to get it evenly all the way around the curve and put the other fabric of the bodice between it was HORRIBLE I did it for G1's but this one I decided to sew and turn right side out and then stitch it together to the bodice--it looks nicer on the outside but on the inside the edge is exposed at the seam line behind the top stitching of the collar. Well anyway G2 likes it so what more is there to say...it looks bulky here because she was insisting on not taking off the thick shirt she had underneath.

Personally I do not think this pattern is very flattering or attractive but at least I made it but it would not be my first 'go to' choice when I need a pretty pattern again...perhaps again in the Spring BUT my girls do not like to wear tank tops or sleeveless shirts so they will always be wearing something under it.

























OK this pattern was from the You Can Make This Site -->> see the link over there-->> but it was this pattern The Wrap Top & Dress and it was really easy to cut out and make....really easy and I even was able to go off pattern a little which always excites me as I hate to follow every pattern exactly. I still have to add the snaps and ribbon to close it but all in all a pretty nice pattern!

I will be adding sleeves of a suedey material to make the sleeves longer...I will put them under the short sleeves per G1's request.

These images make it look bulky but that is because she would not take off all of her cosplay stuff -hence the construction paper ears on her head...this is her favorite website if you don't know what Cosplay is...I still don't know if I would wear it without pants underneath and that is the way she wanted it like a long tunic. Next she wants me to use the pattern to make one with slits at the sides of the legs to the hip.
























I really did like this pattern and it was cheaper than still searching for the Vogue 7894 one I have been waiting on...it can easily be adapted for many things long sleeves, no ruffles...we added the binding instead of ruffles, will add the long sleeves under the short sleeve and a larger middle section....

Don't you just love that skull heart/rose fabric? I love that Badanna skull fabric and the way this turned out!


I did not know if I would like printing a pattern and using it but I supposed it depends on what the pattern is, how it is created and who created it...I LOVED having the pictures to refer to for each step. I decided that I would purchase a pattern of something off of YCMT site and make it each week...some of them are so cute and they have so many different crafts to do why not?!!

ETA: For the pattern from YCMT I had to upsize it to a 12 as it only goes to 10. For the Butterick pattern I did not use knit but cotton woven which would have made it lay better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)