9.7.12

Momtastic's Whimsey #4: Doodle Cover Art

Day 293: Have you received your  box of craftiness or want to know more about what it is?  Click here to check out Whimseybox's website.

  I am a member of the Whimseybox Design Team and will be putting together weekly crafts and projects based on the items that come in the monthly boxes.  What I am going to try to do for my participation in the project is A. use primarily what comes in the box and B. not buy new supplies to enhance those projects but use what I have around the house.  I am proud to be a part of a group of extraordinarily crafty people.  If you want more ideas check out Whimseybox's Portfolio of projects.

I love to doodle and draw and I love to make TODO lists.  Marker+small cloth covered notebook+list lover=new list notebook for my purse, of which I have at least 2 because you never know when you get an idea or need to remember something and I know I can always find one and I love seeing my kids doodles because they use them when they are bored.

Simple but awesome because with doodling you start at one point, without a plan and end up with your book completely decorated.  For this project you need to really just relax and enjoy the process.  Any mistakes you make are not mistakes but things you can incorporate into the design.  HAVE FUN WITH IT!

Supplies from the March Whimseybox:
Ultra Fine Point Sharpie

Supplies from the May Whimseybox:
Spiral bound cloth covered notebook

Other Supplies:

Dreams & Imagination

The finished design of doodles.


Blank notebook
 I literally just put the marker to the corner of the cover and started drawing a line, not even trying to make my brain work ahead of my hand.  As it started to take shape towards the end I realized the influence of that Aesop fable with the crow trying to reach the water at the bottom of the jar and adding pebbles.   What subconscious part of my mind this came from and why I do not know.

Even the words I wrote just came out of no where. 

'Just a drop of whimsey' because apparently I was going for a water on pebbles type thing.

I just kept adding things until I was satisfied~not trying to do too much or try to force the image.

Its kind of awesome to just let go a little and create.  You should give it a go, it might not be as simple as it sounds but I think you might surprise yourself.
The one blue dot, I decided it needed to have some color and this was it.


Sneak peek at next week's Whimsey

Using the cork, embroidery thread and eyeballs!

What will you create today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)