15.1.12

Touch My Stitches #8: Buttonhole Stitch

Day 241:  Week 2 of 52
I love this weekly TAST challenge. I worked on this a little last week but needed to get through the costumes for the ComicCon (more on that tomorrow) so had to put it aside.  I was able to pick it up again last night so here is my continuation of this Ocean/Underwater piece with the Buttonhole Stitch included.

The first week's Fly Stitch is underneath some Buttonhole Stitches as well as some more Fly Stitches.  You can see I am using embroidery thread in 3, 2 and single strands.
 I also added these wonderful beads and chips to the underwater scape.  In these two pictures I had only added a few longer Buttonhole stitches in the green and the ones that the beads are on.  The colored stone chips are on thin Fly Stitches.

 I did go out and buy the beads and stone chips but I am trying to use up the scraps of thread and cones that I have found at thrift stores for this project to use up what I have available.
 In these last 3 pictures I have added the stones and all the longer Buttonhole and Fly Stitches in green over the smaller stitches to give it some dimension.  As I get a new stitch every week I will keep integrating them into this piece in some way until I am satisfied with the look and then I will start another one.
 I can't get over the color of some of these stones.  As I add stitched living creatures amongst the vegetation of this ocean bottom I think it will really make these stand out.

What will you create today?

Take A Stitch Tuesday (TAST)
Week 1 Fly Stitch

6 comments:

  1. What an imaginating work...I like it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I am glad you like the beads. I am a little addicted and love sewing on tiny things so you will see a lot more.

      Delete
  3. very beautiful, i like so much! greetings from egypt
    marie
    http://marieluxor.canalblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello back Marie from the Southwestern United States! Love seeing the pictures on your blog of Egypt!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)