22.7.10

The Woodland Friends contest project is in the mail as I type...

Day 93

Well the whole thing is finally over. It was sent off in the mail yesterday and what a joy and relief.

I think it has been one of the most rewarding creating experiences for me in a long time. I was able to see this project through from an idea in my head to an actual physical thing in my hands.

It was not without it's trials and mistakes and learning experiences. Of course that is why I take on different challenges so that I can learn new techniques or new ways of doing stuff. And some of the parts of this took longer than I planned like the sequins, the hand stitched mouths and little birdy legs, the piecing, the tabs that had to be unstitched remeasured and resewn after I realized I sewed them on backwards (yea there was much cursing when I noticed this, the best laid plans and all ya know)

Almost everything turned out exactly how I intended except for the borders-because I wanted the edges to look a certain way I ended up allowing it to be an almost primitive not so perfect style and allowed some of the green background fabric to peek through in some places. You can sort of see it in this terrible night time picture because I almost forgot to take pictures of the entire project hanging up SIGH...and this is pre-ironing, almost forgot to iron too lol

...quite honestly I hope that it does not take away from the judging of my project because it does end of making the whole thing look sort of unfinished BUT then again this is the way I wanted it to look so I am cool with the way it turned out in the end! And yes I did 'bling' out my mushroom with different colored sequins thank you very much.

The feathers on the baby owl turned out EXACTLY how I imagined and they were H-A-R-D to piece just so....can you see the whites of his eyes? EVERY part of this project was from the fabric I was given and his eyes are cut from the tiny trees in the design!

Even the whites of the bear and moose (and some of the mushroom dots) are from the fabric turned right side down


AHHHHH <---contented sigh because it is finished and out of my hands. I know that I did it so whatever the end result is (whether I win or not) I LOVE LOVE this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)