8.7.10

Habit Experiment Day 1 of 30--Memory Lapse

Mine is going to be called 'Memory Lapse' I was going to name it 'Moments in my Memory' but well A) that sounded like a bad prom theme and this immediately brought to mind images of baby blue cummberbuns(sp?) (ya know those useless decorative man waist huggers), itchy poofy sleeve dresses, Talking Heads , Depeche Mode and tequila .....*SHIVER* WTH was I thinking?!! and B) I find myself wondering if I am loosing my memory and listening avidly to those memory enhancer commercials so 'Memory Lapse' it is!

These are going to be a little side experiment I have going with a beautiful artist friend of mine for the next 30 days. 30 pictures, 30 words per picture--a day in the life, the moments that are taken note of but often missed....the things that happen behind the smiling faces of most photos....

One of my Facebook friends or was a it a blog? No I think it was a blog I read posted about this website [FYI Here is the original blog and idea --> Habit] and I knew immediately we just HAD to do it...we meaning this artist friend of mine I know who takes the most beeeyooTfull photographs I have seen AND I really wanted to see how she would interpret an experiment like this. So I posted it to her page. Of course she is not obsessed with Facebook like I am so I immediately told her EARLY this AM at swim practice when she was half awake and did not have caffeine in her system yet that she would be doing it with me and we were starting today!! So I tell her and she starts throwing out big art words like 'social experiment' and 'photographic journal' or at least that is what I heard before my mind zoned out and all I heard was 'blah blah blah good idea lets do it' snicker giggle I kid you M no really I did I hear everything you said and I absorbed it and locked it into the art closet part of my brain with the monkey zombies (yea I dunno either just roll with it).

So like the ADHD puppy bouncing at your ankles adult that I am I AM going to start today, RIGHT NOW, then I am going to go text M and make sure she does it too--it's the little things folks, the little things that matter--the little things and caffeine oh well and love too, love matters

---->>> Bought on the day she was born, fabric worn thin, patches on patches of repairs brought to me once again to fix--avid reminder that I have an almost teen.




Turns out using only 30 words is harder than Twittering snicker lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)