17.8.11

Blink and you'll miss it.....

Day 165 I don't remember blinking but apparently I did because my little baby girls went from babies to middle schoolers...it was seriously a heartbeat in time.  Up until last year we homeschooled then my oldest wanted to try out a school but she had specific parameters for what kind of school she wanted to attend...so we put her name in the lotteries of a few around town and TADA she got into a cyber school the next town over and they only go to school 2 days a week and are one of the few schools in the state that  have Japanese as a language YAY....now it is the next year and my not so little one decided to give it a try too, took the testing and is now a 6th grader.....I would like to pat myself on the back a little because this is what I wanted from homeschooling, the willingness to try new things, to be brave and make decisions for themselves about what they want from their lives and the confidence to say 'when'....

First day of 8th grade....
I will admit having my baby leave the nest was unnerving the first day.  Her big sister walked her into school and showed her how to check in came back out and told me 'you better go in there she is getting ready to freak out', another pat on the back because I did NOT give in to the whiney mom inside me I did  NOT go in I just drove off knowing that she is the kind of kid who needs a few minutes adjustment and will be fine...I did call the secretary later and the deer in headlights freezing only lasted for a few minutes before she recovered and made friends....I expect big changes this year out of her inner self!
First day of 6th grade...
So to treat myself I looked for something on freecycle that I might want...and surprisingly I got these....
Vintage glass containers....

Vintage porcelain cream container, with cream still inside (no I didn't touch it or use it , I'm not that weird, I did smell it though and required family members to do the same, it smelled like wax and cream)
For now I have them in my window until I decide if A) I like them enough to live here B) Which ones I like most C) ok I am keeping them where do I put them or what cute crafting idea do I use them for

vintage glass perfumes, medicines, jars of things that were most likely drugs but called 'medicine' back in the day (those are empty FYI)

A few cool glass inkwells and perfume bottles with stuff still in them..

Glass jars for ink, perfumes and what looks like a  hootch bottle perfect for inner coat jackets

I think these are my favorites...porcelain medicine containers and a blue glass
So those of you with babies enjoy them today...enjoy every moment you have to hug them because one day you will BLINK....so don't look away for too long or the angels will get you
Thank you Doctor Who
Doctor Who ROCKS says the mom who is totally gonna find one of these statues and put it in my oldest's room  one day while she is sleeping, oh yea I mess with my kids like that :)

More UFOs are being completed and more projects in the mix including a really cool one I will start to tell you about soon~doing the research and sketching now~  hopefully get some more pictures up tomorrow!! What will you create today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)