15.2.12

Scenes from my Sketchbook #12: Learning new techniques with Copics

Day 261   I haven't shown off my Friday Taichi's lately because I have been working on a whole way of drawing and coloring using my Copic markers and pens.  Its not that I am embarrassed to show you my work as I learn its just I wanted to do some free experimenting to make Taichi happy.  I am very cool with showing you the process and then being able to look back and see where it started!

I am sure I will add in pens and markers from other lines as well but I can not tell you how just in my short inexperienced time that I love using and experimenting with these. If you want to purchase your own I found them online at JenPens.com excellent selection and amazing shipping times.  I am using 
Copic Multiliner .35 and .1 <--writes so freakin' tiny its crazy the details I can get
Copic Drawing Pen in Sepia
Copic Colorless Blender <----so much fun to play with
Copic B29 Ultramarine

Then if you live in Albuquerque I found this really bright, cheery, adorable store with the friendliest and nicest owner thehenhousenm.com it is really a stampers and scrapbooking store (read paradise) and you will LOVE the atmosphere. I can see why they won Best of Albuquerque in 2011.  I went to check out their stamps and coloring supplies but was really taken aback by the inspiration and creativity that was everywhere.  It is nice to walk into a store and not only be greeted but talked to as a human.  Anyway, I spent some time walking in circles looking at everything and walked out with paper for using my Copics as well as these beauties
Copic YG21 Anise
Copic BG70  Ocean Mist
Copic B000 Pale Porcelain Blue
Copic Ciao C-1 Cool Grey
Copic BG32 Aqua Mist
as well as some Copic blotting paper and in March I am hoping to take a class to start learning how to better use these art lovelies.  GO, NOW, check it out and tell them Momtastic sent you!

If you want to learn more about Copics go here CopicMarker.com

In the meantime I can't wait for you to check out Taichi this week, I am proud of her.  Here are some of the experiments that will hopefully turn into some great Friday sketches.




What will you create today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)