13.2.12

Mad Scientist Monday #19: Organizing the resistance of the loose threads.

Day 260  Today its all about Mad Mod from Teen Titans or Mad Mod Poet God, such a crazy mixed up character with all the right lines.  His psychedelic backdrops and references just rocked and I miss watching this show.


I have been looking for a small travel case to carry my threads, scissors and embroidery supplies.  My youngest came across this case at a local thrift store and she knew it was exactly for me.

Originally it was a Smashing Pumpkins CD case thingy.


I just ripped out that plastic thing leaving a little bit of ripped paper on the sides.  Still have not decided what I want to do with it but I have some spray paint that might be just right.

I grabbed this scrap piece of Halloween fabric I had on hand because it was a print I like and roughly the dimensions of the inside of the lid.  I may change this out later if I find a 60s psychedelic scrap.


I machine sewed the right sides together, turned it inside out, then stuffed it full.


Here is my little pillow before gluing.



I glued it into the bottom part of the lid, squishing to the side so it would be stiff enough to use as a pincushion.  Then for extra sewing cuteness I glued 2 old wooden small thread spools in so I can use the holes to hold things when it is open.


Here is what it looks like open, with my my new needle and pin cushion in place.  The main part of the case will carry the threads for my current project and all the random loose strays leftover from other projects.


See I can now close it up and the needles stay right where I put them!


I know I haven't totally finished decorating this cute little case yet, it doesn't feel complete and totally representative of me, so I will be patient to see what I come across that fits the Mod vibe of this case.  Right now it is perfect for carrying all my stuff and I love that it locks tight.


It is so much fun to recycle and see what happens.  Sometimes it works and some days it is a bust, but we keep trying.  What will you create today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)