27.4.10

Mucking about the house....

Day 78
Well this year I am determined to finish all projects before completing another one...ok well 2 projects at a time, maybe 3 when I need to get stuff done....yea I am fairly OCD and a touch ADHD I will admit but I do better when I have multiple things going at once I really do (yea uhuh right)

Anyway this stitching project is taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R for no apparent reason and I was thinking about what I am going to make with these....I have a ton of 70s fabrics to put them in a bag, fabric collage, pillow...something spicey will pop into my head I am sure.


So in the meantime I took a break to buy some magazines......the STITCH one is my favorite followed by the Sew Hip! one I love having to translate English from British to American so much fun lol...and the Quiltmania from France is growing on me but it cracks me up how much American quilting is in there

I love this part! So this weekend we spent hours up to our elbows-literally-in black mucky pond muck is the only way to describe it...call it very stinky and very organic, the plants around the pond will love it. But I got my small pond cleaned and ready for the baby mosquito fish I had indoors to come out...they are all in there now but hiding and traumatized by being put outdoors.

Still not warm enough for the surface plants to come up from the bottom but warm enough for those crazy onions, chives, rosemary and thyme...oh and some lillies I believe way in the back.

See the big pond back there? Could not get out when the sun was shining on it to get some good pics but I will today! All the lava rocks were obtained and hand carried from spoil piles locally right around our neighborhood. Oh and lets see there is some catnip and Jupiter's beard poking their heads up there and our Bamboo way in the back.

The ponds are my husband's art form he completely designed and hand built both of these.

This critter freaked us all out and is temporarily being observed in a small critter tank in the house and fed blood worms....fairly cool once we figure out it was a dragonfly larvae and we will put him in the big pond this weekend so he does not eat our little fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)