1.3.11

Easing back into the world vs. jumping in.....

Day 143

Apparently I overestimated my ability to take on a night job and continue to sew as well as take care of the rest of life. It is only now that I have finally felt awake and alert enough to get back into the game. Don't get me wrong I completely enjoy working overnight hours it was just sort of a shock to my system adapting to day sleeping and family time.

I joined an embroidery swap on Flickr thinking it would help give me something to focus on and the theme was music so after talking to my swap partner I realized she was a teen of the 80s like me and would appreciate something relating to that decade.

I chose to base my craft on 'Mtv' and lyrics from the song '1985' by Bowling for Soup....as soon as she gets it then I will post the finished product.

Back...

Front....

I also had time to go a-thrifting again....finding this large aluminum orange with stackable compartments to use as a cookie and candy jar. It is so quirky perfect and reminds me of growing up in Florida among all the citrus in our backyard.

I found a TON of metallic ric-rac...hoping to work this into an upcoming embroidery.

an awesome KISS concert tee to be made into a pillow for G2's room

and since I have a new job I need to start adding to my working wardrobe AND I am so tired of the bland clothes in my closet that are really not me but the me that just didn't care what I wore...this blue polyester was perfect....apparently hub is wanting a 'kramer' shirt (ala Seinfeld) so he can match me when we go out lol lol

then I found this patchwork homemade housecoat...DIVINE...LOVELY and SHABBY and totally me....I have to make a few repairs here and there but it was comfy and cute over jeans and a t-shirt

look at these awesome bakelite vintage buttons.....

seriously how can you resist these buttons?

yes I do have a button fetish....I will admit I have a problem but do nothing about it except buy more cute buttons as I see them!


I lOVE getting my wardrobe at the thrift store so happy to finally find a style that fits me and i am comfortable in it!

So welcome back to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)