16.3.11

Juicing and Painting....Spring Break rocks on

Day 147

Thoroughly enjoying my break of not driving the kids ANYWHERE just lots of cooking, cleaning and crafting....this IS the life!

It all started yesterday with some homemade applesauce--per my usual MO I don't really follow a recipe....cut some apples up, put water in the bottom of the pot, throw some smell good spices on top (cinnamon and cloves in this case) and cook until mushy then mush them up with a spoon strong enough to fend of the kids from taste testing while you are mushing and listening to them say 'ooo thats hot it burned my tongue, let me have another taste' lol lol its that good

While this was going on we juiced up some grapefruit and oranges for fresh squeezed goodness--this is my favorite vintage blender which I know probably needs a tuneup since it is older than me lol

Doesn't everyone have their own personal juicer? It was so good tasting we even had minimal work complaints from the staff about the 'work' of juicing


Quick sketch of my fabric collage project to help the beautiful country of Japan--they are an amazing in their strength--more on this later!


Then it was over to my art friend's house for some self portrait painting and art therapy--man did it work I was so relaxed when I got home I just wanted to sleep--just the act of painting makes me feel better

Here is mine I really didn't have a plan I just kept adding to it and it just turned out fun which is what I was really going for...colorful and fun!

Here is my youngest's.....

And my oldest daughter has yet to finish hers because she wants to do some details....we have done these portraits for about 5 years now and my only rules are fill up the whole canvas, paint yourself whether it is just a face or the whole body, paint how you see yourself at the moment....it just fascinates me how the girls grow and see themselves..

Here is my arty friend's (<-check her stuff out) but I will let her post it on her blog when she is ready to discuss the details I swear I couldn't stop watching her work-- I am surprised I even got mine done...she is certainly beautiful and amazing, seriously amazing

And here is her youngest daughter's-serious chip off the block that one is.....love that kid


I decided to post these instead of the felt creatures the girls are finished/working on so will post that one tomorrow...no sewing done yesterday but painting is the next best thing!

What will you create today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)