2.1.12

Mad Scientist Monday #15; Yippee Kay yay its 2012

Day 232  I decided to add in movie villains to the mad scientists to my Monday posts just to make them more interesting and because they go together like olives on pizza. MMMM olives.

Hans Gruber from the original was one of my favorites, its the voice I think.  And lets get honest here I still like to watch Bruce in action, more especially now sans hair.  I haven't seen the most recent flick of the Die Hard series but I might see the next one considering they might add another Gruber into the mix.  Alan Rickman has that hilarious knack for blending bad guy with humor and well who doesn't think Severus is the best part of Harry Potter?

Since the Die Hards were originally a Christmas day gag thing (can't remember if the other movies are too and I haven't seen 4.0) but I thought I would show you what we made this Christmas.
G2 came up with these adorable stockings to stuff cat toys into for our precious feline spoiled rotten adorable angels.  She crafted each one to catch the color and personality of each cat.  She really worked hard on these.  Its nice to see her picking up more on that Mad Scientist spirit.  This one is for Toph AKA Pigweed because well she eats everything in the food bowls and looks slightly stoned pretty much all the time, go figure we need intervention for a cat on the nip.

This one was for our older black cat Sokka who is looking slightly bewildered at the presence of our newest kitten invader.

This is for our newest kitten Fred.  Big ole bug eyes in a little face.  She did a really good job on these all on her own.  

I found this Transformers Tshirt at the thrift store and since G2's list included  'something to do with Bumblebee and Optimus Prime' well there ya go.

G2 asked for me to make her a fleece blanket for Christmas and she wanted to help.  I ordered these Hello Kitty fleeces and that is what we did Christmas day.

I think this was the funniest Christmas gift.  My hub and I  found this uniform shirt from the Milwaukee Public Museum and knowing that G1's favorite movies include the 2 Night at the Museum and one of her favorite sketches from the 2nd movie is the 'Brundon' one I knew I just had to put that on the other side.

I hand embroidered 'Brundon' in gold floss.  Its "Buh-rundon" lol lol lol

This one comes with a story.  ET is one of my oldest's scary things.  Always has been.  When we saw this original 80s sheet at the thrift store we knew we had to make something from it for her as a gag gift.  I mean look at that full of angsty face, we parents gotta do something to combat that and put a giggle in our day right?!  Well she loves it, still won't see the movie, touch an action figure or go to the ride at Universal studios but this scarf can handle.  The other side is a minky scrap I had in my scrap box so its super soft when combined with the soft cotton character sheet.  

These I didn't even have to sew.  I have been getting rid of my old jewelry bits and  bobs and found I had some extra chains, extra empty lockets (from my own teenage angsty years) and my husband and I found these cool old keys while out thrifting.  Both girls were very happy and have been wearing them.

This old tea set was from the girls' Grandmother from when she was a little girl.  My husband cut the legs down on a  round side table we had in the house so it is the right height for American Girls dolls or stuffed animals to sit at.  Then I made a tablecloth and some napkins for G2 to have her holiday tea party with her dolls.

Here is the oldest's skeleton key and locket.  I put it on a long chain and I think it looks really cool.
Its so funny my girls' different personalities.  The youngest  is more about sentimentality and the oldest loves a good gag, then they switch places for a moment just to keep up parents on their toes.  We had a great Christmas and we stayed way, way, way under budget.  Sure it took a lot of time and planning but it was time together making memories and those are things you can't put a price on.

What will you create today/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)