9.10.10

3:45 AM for a wake-up call is REALLY early...

Day 111

....and let me tell you it comes faster than you can blink, but once I am up, I am up till the afternoon. You see my oldest decided that she wanted to be on this great swim team but um there are some practices at 5:30AM which means I have to be up before the girls do so I can get up do any morning work and chores.....call me crazy-oh wait some of you already do, I hear ya so just HUSH now. Anyways, have gotten a ton of jobs in this week and between getting used to a new schedule and running around I have felt like a crazy momma, but its all good cause I am learning so much and creating makes me happY!

One of the prettiest projects I finished this week were a set of 7 flags in various fabrics to be spun around-flag poi

Yet another awesome project completely new to me and quite the learning experience-I have plans for next time to make them even better....here are the pretty orange chiffon ones...

pink lame' which behaved quite well under the sewing machine-normally the hate runs pretty deep for this fabric but after we had a little chat (yes I talk to my fabric and to my machine, don't you?) and it worked beautifully!

Here are all the colors together...that red flame fabric oh the joy of metallic embedded applique type holography things combined with stretchy gauzy material almost caused my stress-0-meter to hit a new all time high, but we each took a break and it worked out for the best lol


I hope to get some good action shots of my client and her daughters spinning these....so back to work for me got lots of orders to complete. Thankfully I am in a better mood because our temps have dropped below 80 and we are all ready for Fall to really begin!

What are you going to create this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)