24.3.11

Adventures in Thrifting or Running out with Scissors

Day 152

I love the thrill of not knowing what you will find when you enter the thrift store....

...I am a sucker for the perfect married couple, ya know cause now that I am myself part of an old married couple of 14 years and all lol, AH romance but I love when I find little statues like this or the cake topper type ones.....

....these jaunty gentlemen hopped into my cart to be added to my bunny collection...don't they look suave? I think they are going to start picking up bunny girls any moment now with pickup lines like 'hey baby why don't you come over to my hole, I'll show you my eggs' hehehehe or 'you know what they say about long ears right? wink wink eyebrow waggle' my inner monologue is a riot right? but you'll never look at these bunnies the same way again will you? CHUCKLE...

squeeee isn't the mousie lady total cuteness? she reminds me of my infinite love of all things Beatrix Potter (its not Beatrix Potter but I am sure it is inspired by her) so I was instantly drawn to her and the cheesy milk glass pitcher thing in a beautiful blue color...they were both Avon things....
I love my little knick knacks....I keep them for a while, get inspired, smile when I see them.... until I get bored or want to redecorate and then rehome them...heck who can't beat decorating on a nickel and dime thrift store budget?!

...as I was checking out my inside man at the store remembered he had just gotten in a scissor stash which I scooped up, the 2 on the left are a scalloped and regular pinking shears.....

....this store is my goldmine of vintage needlework, more stuff to keep me busy at my new job during the graveyard shifts.....



and since everything in fashion becomes new and 'cool' again my tweenies wanted this pattern


I am behind on posts so will update you on our Sun Rising from the Rubble collaborative project tomorrow morning....

....what will you create today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)