The Chevron was a little more time intensive and a little less free flowing. I really had to put down not only long straight lines but smaller dashes where the top and bottom T parts would go.
After washing the duck cloth becomes very soft and flowing so it was hard to keep the stitches straight, even with the drawn lines. Normally, I do not hoop but I tried here it just didn't work out because the stitches were on the edge of the fabric, I didn't have a big enough hoop and the stitches themselves were bigger than I expected in this piece. Perhaps I will investigate getting one of those rectangular frames in the future.
I am not quite sure what this is going to be but I had it in my head that this would be a frame of some kind. Framing what we shall see as I move on to the next stitch. I would have liked to see these stitched smaller but this is what my hand and head were telling me to do.
You can see all the marks I had to make. The fabric is soaking and then I will have to dry and iron before moving on to the next stitch because the red pencil marks turned parts of the white thread pink.
I have never worked this stitch before. I definitely made a few mistakes, these are not as free flowing as some of the other ones. You have to really concentrate to keep them straight and as even as possible. I did pick out some of the mistakes but others I left in so in the future I can see where I started from.
Find all the weekly TAST stitches that I have completed HERE.
Take A Stitch Tuesday (TAST)<<--Come check it out and join in!