29.11.08

365 Challenge 14- Holiday Wreath & Our Anniversary

Hub and I were married 11 years ago on Christmas Eve, we honeymooned for 3 days afterwards in Orlando at DisneyWorld, geeks I know but it was a blast. We had our wedding at my in-laws backyard garden with a Notary to marry us. We had the most delicious Cuban food that I still dream about...there are no good Cuban food places in Albuquerque. Our colors were this burgundy and white and we had poinsettias everywhere...it was lovely! I will have to find a photo of us youngsters lol (hey man my simple dress still fits so we are not that old). Anyway I had these fake poinsettias leftover from the wedding and we used to decorate an entire tree in them and I just saved them in a box because since we had kids we really let the kids ornaments take over....soooo since I was in a holiday mood today I decided to make a wreath out of them and I loved the way it turned out! SO here is my creation from yesterday I just did not post last night as I got tired of the slow internet, it is very simple just a fake pine base and I twined the metal stems into it and made it REALLY FULL......11 years sigh seems like just yesterday really and I still love and adore him I do!


















And here is the tree that the girls decorated...I do not comment on their placement or the variety or amount....I figure it is their tree their memories and I love watching them work together.


















Funny you would think that having our anniversary on Christmas Eve would help us remember but so far we have forgotten our 5th, 10th and every other one in between until days afterwards lol at this point it is like a joke so we celebrate when we remember and today we actually remembered and I love him just as much if not more today than when I met him oh those almost 15 years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)