29.6.09

Go back to high school (to the tune from Grease)...the artist lurking within my friends

Ok well these aren't from high school apparently these are from 8th and 9th grade...and yes she is still that same beautiful person today with a fantastic hub and 3 amazing kids but look how brave she was to send me this picture!

This is my idea person in my life right now, I swear every time I hit a block she has an idea pop into her head she says it has been like that her whole life and I believe it I also highly suspected she had an artist in her just SCREAMING to come out....and I was right!


She took a collage class at the library the other day with MrsCatHead and look at this....when she said she was sending me a pic of her collage I don't really know what I was expecting I was STUNNED just FLOORED with the beauty of this...I would totally frame it and place it on my wall and I just might print out a picture for my inspiration wall and have the artist sign it lol


to me looking at collages is like seeing a piece of someone's soul or spirit and to see such beauty just makes me weep for humanity, the joy of it all!

(Thanks to her MiniMiley for sending me the pics!)


And since I am in the 80s mood I will bet that she listened to this song from 1982 'Come on Eileen' by Dexy's Midnight Runners



You are now required to hum this tune and have it in your skull for a total no less than 24 hours....you are welcome!

Yet another video from the 80s confirming my suspicions that musicians are just plain weird especially if they performed in the 80s...no I am sure this band did not indulge in ANY drugs whatsoever uhuh yea right...

...although my G2 musician came in after I told her they had violins in the song, she is big into 80s music but only the good stuff cause I teach her right muahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)