17.12.10

Baseball, Karate, and Godzilla...Tshirt blanket #2

Day 129

I finished this a while ago but I just did not want to look at it any more to post the pictures lol. This was another blanket with the karate belts sewn along the sides I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN>>>>EVER.....NEVER....not even if you paid me double.....and these particular belts were of a different quality apparently than the ones I did on the first blanket these were thicker and the fabric a denser weave and took hours to do HOURS. But this time I decided to spread the time out over the past month or so because it was just so much work. Even so I have callouses on my fingertips, peeled and rehealed skin over those callouses, a needle sized hole in one fingertip callous where I apparently push the needle through without realizing I am doing it and a crick in my back from sitting in different places while working.


Each side is sewn 5 times with a thick polyester stiff thread...reminded me of suture thread (the kind they use to sew wounds, etc.)....and I used ALL 200 yds on the spool between both blankets which amazes me.

I tried several different types of thimbles but nothing worked over the long haul because they kept coming off or getting too sweaty. I don't like things on my hands or fingers either so I am not sure if anything will work. I hope to find one I can use though so I will keep looking, any suggestions?

So here it is...I love making these....I majored in Anthropology/Archaeology so I LOVE history and to me this is like being able to sort through a family member's history, telling a short part of their story in shirts...see I'm using my degree, sort of, not really BUT the interest is still there, lol
B

....check out the cool 'My Grandpa Played For the Red Sox'.....

...loved redoing these karate gi's using the neckline and moving the patches to fit....



...Go go Godzilla....weeeooooeeeoooo...apparently this boy loves Godzilla so I did a reverse applique with the Godzilla name that did not fit within one 12" square...I did not take a close up of this but I cut it to look like a bite mark...

....did you hear they are going to make a modern Godzilla movie to be released in 2010? I dunno my daughter heard they are going to use some of the directors from some of the original Godzilla movies, the guys from Japan so it might be okay...but CGI be darned bring back the guy in the rubber suit I LOVED watching those! And I HATE all the 3D movies, HATE them...why? I ask you why?...ok enough whinging

...more baseball...this boy is apparently an awesome baseball player...Red Sox here he comes!




So what are you creating today? I am working on 4 blankets at once right now cutting away at my squares with the new plastic pre-measured squares my awesome hub made me, now I need to find an ergonomic rotary cutter and a rotating cutting mat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)